Thursday, September 11, 2008

Emma Claire's Wonderful Teachers

I just wanted to take a minute and brag on Emma Claire's wonderful teachers. Kelly & Donna have already been such a blessing in taking care of Emma Claire and I know that the rest of the year will be wonderful as well. As we all know, Emma Claire is VERY Strong-Willed. I have just finished a wonderful book called Don't Make Me Count to Three that I think will be very instrumental in Emma Claire's behavior. It deals with issues of the heart and what is the basis of her behavior. Examples, Why is she throwing a temper tantrum because she didn't get her way?, Why is she responding in a Disrespectful way?, Why is she not sharing with her friends? -It's because she is a sinner and we have to teach her the correct responses using the Word of God. We need to ask her heart probing questions on why she is responding the way she is and then show her how she should respond that is pleasing to God. This does not mean that she will not be getting a spanking, but she will also be taught to understand what she did wrong and how God wants us to correct it.

I said all of that to say this...Emma Claire's teacher, Kelly, also just finished reading this book. I consider it a great joy knowing that she will also be using this type of correction with Emma Claire at school. They are not allowed to spank, but she will be able to help in correcting her when she has done wrong.

Kelly and Donna are both seminary wives and I think they will be great with Emma Claire this year. They have both told me that they have their own Strong-Willed child so it will be nothing new to them.

I know the title of the book may be a little bit confusing, but it means don't make me count to three because God wants us to have immediate obedience. We need to obey Right Away, In the Right Way, and All the Way.

Please pray that we will have consistency in disciplining Emma Claire and that we will have wisdom in correcting her.

Can I just say that I love my husband, who will also be aiding in this task, and my sweet baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment