Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweet North Carolina Christmas

This morning we were able to do Emma Claire's Christmas Presents. I'm not sure who was more excited; me or her. Benjamin and I had fallen asleep on the couch so we woke up about 2 in the morning and started getting busy putting her gifts together. Benjamin had to climb up in the attic to the get the gifts while trying to be very quiet not to wake her. I was so excited after getting them all laid out that I could not hardly go to sleep. I could already see the excitement on her face when she woke up the next morning to see her gifts.

The next morning we had to be somewhere at 10:00 but that wouldn't be a problem because Emma Claire ALWAYS gets up between 7 & 7:30. And of course we don't use an alarm clock because she is a wonderful one! Needless to say we had to go wake her up at 9:00. Who would have thought. She must not have been as excited as I was. Benjamin woke her up and she gathered all of her babies in her hands before heading to the living room to find Mommy. It didn't take but a second for her to spot her new toys. She dropped off the babies to mommy and took off. Joy filled my heart as I watched her big smile on her face as she picked up each toy and handed it to her daddy. I will always be so grateful to Bay Leaf Baptist Church for making this Christmas so special for us.






















Comments:


comment by RaRa on 12/24/2008

Sweet. Just the first of MANY! After 25 years, I still get excited to watch ALL kids get excited! Merry Christmas Emma Claire and to your mommy and daddy. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment