Thursday, December 18, 2008

Terrible Two's

Terrible Twos. That is all I need to say. Do any of you have any good suggestions?

My little red head has gotten even more firery and defiant. I have already begun to reread "Don't Make Me Count to Three" again. The last few days have been tough and I feel that I am quickly losing my patience with her. Please pray for Wisdom for Benjamin and I as we face this new challenge.

**A great concept from the book I am reading says that if you only deal with the outward symptoms of bad behavior then you will teach your children to be manipulators. We want to teach her that her behavior should be the overflow of goodness and love that comes from her heart because of the love God has shown us.


Comments:

comment by Rachael Davis on 12/24/2008

My sweet Ashley, Let me encourage you to "not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up." (Galatians 6:9) You & Benjamin are doing a wonderful job...seeking the Lord and wise counsel, and praying for that sweet girl. The harvest will come - you're just in that time of hard work, sowing the seeds that will reap great rewards in Emma Claire's life. In our house, we call it "sweat equity." The ONLY advice I can give you (besides to keep reading Ginger Plowman) is to be consistent, consistent, consistent, even when you're sick to death of it. I'm praying for you, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment