Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Swimming

This summer Emma Claire and I have spent a lot of time hanging out with friends and going to the lake or the pool. Emma Claire has always been a little bit afraid of water, but this summer at the lake she has turned a new leaf. She will say she wants to go Way Out There! She will take off up until the water is at her neck and then wants me to take her even farther. Her summer camp teacher at school, Mrs. Nicole, even showed her how she can lay on her back and float. Nicole and her daughters came out to enjoy some time swimming with us.
Yesterday, our friend, Julia, invited us over to her parents pool to go swimming to off we went. Emma Claire was crazy!!! She just kept wanting me to stand in the water and her jump to me. I would slowly begin to let her go under just a little bit at a time so she would be scared. The whole issue is her eyes. She doesn't like for the water to get in her eyes. I finally had to tell her I had to take a break. She was wearing me out jumping in and out, in and out.

I am so thankful for our friends we have gotten to go hang out with this summer and can't wait to go swim with them even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment