Saturday, September 18, 2010

Camp Took 3 Steps!!!

Yea!!! It seems that we have been waiting on this day forever!


Camp has been walking around on his knees with his back straight up for weeks. He looks very funny and everyone who sees him is very impressed. Actually, I took him to the doctor this week to get his ears checked for his recent double ear infections and they said they had never in their years of practicing seen any child do that! They didn't seem worried about it all since he was managing just fine walking around furniture and holding on to things.

BUT, tonight was the BIG Night! Camp was looking out the back door to the porch and Mom, who is here visiting, yelled to me that he was standing alone. I thought that maybe he was holding on with just one hand that we couldn't see so I went over to him and called him to me and he took not one, but THREE steps! Yea for Camp!!!

I was so excited for him! He was also so proud of himself and we spent a long time celebrating. Unfortunately Daddy was out of town so we quickly called him so that he could celebrate with us. Camp was yelling "Da, Da, Da, Da" in the background the whole time I was talking to him as if to tell him what he had done.

I better get busy because it won't be long until he is up and running! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment