Sunday, October 16, 2011

RaRa's Chocolate Pudding

Growing up whenever I was sick my mom always made me chocolate pudding. It felt great on my throat and was a special treat for my tummy. : )

Over the weekend I've been sick with a cold so I made myself some chocolate pudding since my mom lives all the way in Mississippi. (Wish you were here, mom! : )

RaRa's Chocolate Pudding

3 Cups of Milk
5 Eggs, Separated
2/3 Cups of Flour
2 Cups of Sugar
2/3 Stick of Butter
5 Tsp. Cocoa
1 Tsp. Vanilla

Beat eggs yolks and milk slightly in a sauce pan.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, sugar, and cocoa really well. Add the dry ingredients to the milk, then add the vanilla & butter.  Stir constantly until thickness you desire.

*This can also be placed into 2 cooked pie shells for Chocolate Pies.  Save your eggs whites in a separate bowl and add 1/2 cup of sugar and beat with mixer on high until stiff. (Lift the spoon out and see if it leaves a peak standing.)  Spread over pies and put in a 300 degree oven until lightly brown on top.



As you can see in the pictures below if you don't get all the chunks out of the dry ingrediants you will have lumps in the pudding mixture. I mash them with a spoon on the side of the saucepan once in the milk mixture or you could do it before hand in the dry ingredients.


Just look at this yumminess! I already feel better after eating some. : ) Yum!

2 comments:

  1. oh, ash, i'm so glad you posted this recipe.

    that was such an act of love from you when you made this for me when i had the flu this winter. ♥

    i wish i'd have known you weren't feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw....I wish I were there too. Good job on the pudding. It looks mouth-watering good. Momma loves you!!! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete