Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Family Christmas 2011

Because we always travel home for Christmas we usually celebrate our family Christmas on the Saturday before we leave. It is always a special time for us and just fills our hearts with joy to celebrate this time together.

The night before, Benjamin and I set up all the gifts and got them all ready. Emma Claire had asked specifically if some of hers could be wrapped because she likes the surprise of opening them one by one. She is her mommas child! : )

Can I just tell you that in my heart I was kind of sad because there weren't many gifts for the kids. They wouldn't have known any different, but it was my selfish desire to give them more. After I had already taken pictures and was getting ready for bed Benjamin came inside the house with a bag full of goodies! He had, on his own, went and bought the kids more gifts for Christmas. I can't tell you how excited I was! I had no clue that he had been shopping earlier that week. Just look at all these goodies they got.. (inside the wrapping paper was their own fish tank and an operation game!)




Before we headed to the kitchen to cook our big breakfast of chocolate gravy and biscuits we spent time with the kids reading through the birth of Christ and why we really celebrate Christmas. It's because of the gift of Jesus that we share gifts with others in celebration. It's not the recieving of gifts but the giving. Although it's not a concept the kids are grasping right now we do hope that one day they will be rooted in this thinking in their heart.




















It makes me so happy to be able to celebrate such a special holiday with my little family! Merry Christmas!!

*Thanks RaRa for help with the Christmas gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment