Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1st Day of School 2012-2013

Let's just say I've been teary eyed all week over my big girl starting kindergarten. It's not the fact that I'm sending her to school, but that this makes her BIG GIRL. She's is not suppose to be a big girl. She is suppose to stay little forever, right?! It's also hard for me to wrap my mind around her having to go EVERYDAY. I am only working 3 days a week so she has to go two days all by herself. I love having her with me and don't want her to have to go everyday but for this year we know this is the right thing to do for her. She on the other hand was beyond excited and ready to start her big day!

We started off our special morning by going to eat breakfast with Daddy at Emma Claire's favorite restaurant, The Border, where she devoured 3 pancakes and 3 pieces of sausage! Then we headed to school for our first day of school photo session. : )

Can you believe this big boy?! He is growing WAY to fast!







Our first stop was Camp's new class. Emma Claire quickly went in with him to help him get adjusted but he could have cared less that Daddy and I were waiting at the door. He yelled us a big 'good bye' and he was off to do his thing! : ) I'm so happy that he was so excited about starting his new class. I think any tears would have started the floodgates for me. ; 0




Next was our big girl! Let's just say I'm getting teary eyed looking at this picture. She just looks so big and I know how proud of her Benjamin and I are. She is about to walk into a room that will begin the next 12 years of her life. Such a huge step into the person she is going to become.


It didn't take her long to find exactly where she was to hang her backpack and find her spot at her desk. On the first day of school we were allowed to walk her to her classroom and help her get familiar to her new room. After that she is on her own. She is to walk in by herself and independently to begin her day.


Mrs. Streit is just wonderful. I can't say enough great things about her. She does so well with these kids and we are excited about Emma Claire's year in kindergarten. It is such a sweet, sweet class with some old friends and some new.



After I left her classroom I begin tearing up, but I wasn't able to wallow in it long because duty calls on the other end of the hallway. My office is only 3 doors down from both of them so I get to see these sweet faces all day long if I want! ; )

I snapped this picture at the end of their first day. What do you think they thought of their first day of school?

They both loved it! Emma Claire exclaimed, "I LOVE KINDERGARTEN!"
(We'll see if she still feels the same way in a couple of months! ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment