Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Ober Gatlinburg

This year as part of our Christmas Poppa and GG bought us all tickets to go to Ober Gatlinburg. It was a TON of fun for all of us except for Aunt Hannah. I'll explain that later...

Here we are waiting our turn. We aren't sure what to expect behind this big stone wall!












The kids were SO excited. I mean this is BIG stuff and they get to do it on their own. I actually thought when they got to the top of the big hill they would change their mind and would want to go with Benjamin or I but, nope, they were fearless.

I had a hard time keeping up with Camp because as soon as he would reach the bottom he would take off and head back up the carrying ramp. He probably went down 50 times! ; )













Branna decided after a few times down she need to go in a double with Aunt Ashley. ; )




These pictures make my heart race! No joke I seriously had an anxiety attack in this big box car. The thought of being trapped inside this thing and not being able to get out because I'm suspended in the sky by cables. Not to mention I'm terrified of heights. Oh dear, and then to think this is the ONLY way back down. ; 0

Now that I look at the pics it is beautiful isn't it!?



Thankfully Aunt Hannah took all these pictures for me because I was holding on to the poles inside for dear life. ; )




So, once they uploaded our pics online I took a screen shot of the ones we were in. ; ) Is that illegal??

I'm so glad that got a picture of Dawson going down the slopes because it only happened twice. He was terrified because they made him ride behind us in his own tube. Had he been able to ride in one with us he would have LOVED it. Oh well, we had plenty of people to take turns watching over him. ; )















Above is the ONLY picture I could find of James. Isn't that hilarious?! 

So, you can tell from the picture above that Hannah is in pain. As we were coming around the large stone wall to go up to the slopes it was super slick. They had black mats on some of the area but not all. As we came around the corner Hannah slipped and fell on her wrist. It swelled so quickly they had a hard time getting her glove off but she insisted on going down the slopes twice because Poppa & GG had already paid for it. After that they took her to meet with the EMS where they made her a temporary sling and sent her to the urgent care. Thankfully it wasn't broken but was a very bad sprain that took a good long while to heal. She was a trooper though and hung around so we could all enjoy our time on the slopes! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment