Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day 5, London, England

I LOVED London! It was a beautiful city with old history but a modern fell. I think I could live there!  : )

We arrived on the train at London Paddington Station. The kids thought this was great because they had just watched the movie, Paddington.





The big tv screens reminded me of Times Square in NYC. Can you see all those people? There was barely any walking room down that side of the street.



Trafalgar Square, London...and...the big blue roster. Not really sure what that was all about!



We rode across Castle Bridge! Just breathtaking.










The London Eye! I just love the view of the water. I told Benjamin I would not argue if we lived on a bay somewhere someday. I think they are just gorgeous!



We found Big Ben!



The Palace of Westminster (Parliament Building). Such a beautiful building.



We went to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace, but she wasn't taking visitors. She was indeed home though because the flag was raised. She must have not known we were coming! : )





We also found the Westminster Cathedral and they happen to be having a service inside. We were able to go in and sit and enjoy some of the service. Everything about this building was incredible.








My last serving of fish and chips! Yes, I ate the whole thing by myself. ; )

Can you tell we've been traveling to long and we're delirious?





It was so late by the time we headed back to the hotel that we were the only ones on the train!




Our last ride on the Underground Express!

I love how they mark the street. A good reminder for us Americans since traffic comes from the opposite  direction.  ;)



We are leaving London ready to see our littles! Such a great trip!

Well, we just thought we were headed home. ; ) When we landed in NYC the ground was clear but by the time we got off the plane this is what it looked like outside.



Within minutes everything was covered...





We were told that all flights would be cancelled until 4 o'clock the next day, all the hotels were booked up and that we weren't guaranteed out for 2 days. So you know what we did?! We rented a car and hauled tail home!

Once we got out of the city it wasn't that bad. Benjamin was a trooper driving us through the night and we got home in the early morning hours.

We were so ready to see our kids! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment