Monday, October 6, 2008

Amen......Sorry

As many of you know we have been going through our terrible two's early with Emma Claire. I have dove head deep into disciplining books and reading through Proverbs to see what God's plan is for disciplining our children. The other night we were out with some family and Emma Claire got really upset when she was told "No" when she wanted to go up some stairs. The fit turned into a tantrum so in turn she got a spanking. I then took her to a private room and told her that she had disobeyed and we needed to pray and ask God for forgiveness for how we had acted. We quickly said a couple word prayer and when we were finished I said "Amen". To my surprise she followed with saying "Amen" and then lowered her head and said "Sorry". It was the sweetest thing I had heard and I honestly don't think she was saying it to me. I think she had heard me telling God that we were sorry and she was in turn telling Him too!

No comments:

Post a Comment