Thursday, November 5, 2009

"They're Looking At Me"

Emma Claire really likes to be to herself. Since she was a baby she does not like for people (other than mommy and daddy) to hug on her, be in her face or even talk to her. We spend a lot of time talking about how we should love our neighbor as our self and how it makes them feel when she won’t have anything to do with them. Actually, her response really seems kind of hateful. On more than one occasion we have been out in public and Emma Claire has hid behind me and said “Mommy, they’re looking at me!” I have used it to ask her why she thought they were looking at her; was she being funny….was she disobeying…..did they think she looked beautiful in what she was wearing. I know we will work through this, but I would love any advice anyone has on the subject.


However, Emma Claire has thought it really funny to play the “He’s looking at me!” game with PePaw. When she catches him looking at her she will quickly tattle on him to RaRa expecting him to get into trouble. I think they both get a kick out of it and think it rather funny. I count it fortunate that they get to make so many wonderful memories with their grandparents. I know I treasure mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment