Thursday, October 21, 2010

North Carolina State Fair

One of favorite things to do here in North Carolina is the State Fair. It's not one of those small town 'fairs' that we were used to when we were young that were set up in the Wal-Mart parking lot. This fair is so big that we never even see most parts of it. This year we hadn't talked much about going but Emma Claire had been talking about it at school a lot so we decided to go on can good night so that we could get in for free. Emma Claire had a blast riding all the rides and Camp enjoyed the food. : )


Is it just me or do they have the exact same expression on their face?


















I think the lady in the back ground is feeling it, too.












A little bit too much fun...







All we heard from Emma Claire all night was that she wanted to ride a roller coaster by herself. Actually she wanted to ride EVERYTHING by herself. We finally find a small roller coaster that we thought was safe for her to do on her own and she was beside her self. I called her name to snap this picture and just as I did she it took off and I just knew she would have whip lash. : )
Click here to check out my big girl on the roller coaster!


Emma Claire was so proud of her sweatshirt I got at the Kids Exchange. She sais now she could be like Mommy and Daddy!
 



















Emma Claire was dying to this obstacle course I was so proud
of her keeping up with all the big kids.

She was so proud of herself for completing the course.
 



This sweet man was cheering her on!!

The fair is not complete without Cotton Candy.


   
        This one I Can. Not. believe. I would have never done this ride when I was her
  age. It was like a smaller version of the tower of terror at Disney World.

Here are two Videos of her on this ride. I couldn't decide which one to use because they were both so cute!
Video 1
Video 2



 We made this stop for Camp. Since he couldn't ride the rides with Emma Claire we thought this would be his special treat. : )




 Emma Claire could not believe that there were so many bees in there. I was pretty shocked there was no lock on that cabinet door with all those bees in there!


This was the madness around 8:30pm.  All of these people were just coming in. Crazy.


Emma Claire was trying her best to take care of Camp. I love this picture of her holding his hand. He was DONE with the fair at this point.



No comments:

Post a Comment