Friday, April 15, 2011

2011 Easter Passion Play at OBC

Last night I got the opportunity to take Emma Claire to our home church's annual Easter Passion Play. I was so excited when I found out that it was going to be going on while we were home this trip. I have been a part of this program almost all of my life and I miss singing on that stage in this performance so much!

Last night was a perfect time to go because it was actually their dress rehearsal and I got to sit with Emma Claire and answer all of her million questions without bothering others around us. It was really amazing to see her face light up when she put all the pieces together from her bible stories and realized she was seeing the story of Jesus life.  She would say "Mommy, this is when.....", and "when this happened, then this happened".  There were points in the program that I was having to explain to her through my tears Jesus amazing sacrafice of love for us. The passion play is just that good.


*Interesting Fact: When I was I was a small child I played the part of the dead girl! : )

Another interesting fact: I was in the very first group when they started adding choreography to the program.









Emma Claire and her cousin, Branna!


The program was SO good as usual and Emma Claire loved seeing all of our friends and family members particitpating. They do 5 nights of the Passion Play so I'm sure we will going back to watch it again! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment