Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mrs. Cow

Emma Claire and Camp for the most part have always gotten along wonderfully. They love to play together and most of the time Emma Claire will bend over backwards just to make Camp happy. However, today was a different story.

Several days ago Emma Claire had broken one of her favorite bracelets and still held on to the pink and white beads that went on it. Somehow she had lost every one of them except for this one pink bead. While they were playing in her room yesterday Camp purposely stuck that bead down the air vent in her room. Emma Claire was devastated. She came running out of her room crying saying, "Mommy, Camp put my bead down in that hole! I am so MAD at him! I don't think we need a baby anymore!" over and over. I kinda laughed it off and told her it was okay and that he didn't understand that it was her favorite bead and that I was sure we could find another bead somewhere. She continued to cry so I asked her to go to her room until she was done and then she could come out and we would talk about it.

What you don't know is that there is this one toy cow of Emma Claire's that Camp is terrified of. Not just a little scared of it, but he screams something awful.

Click Here to watch how he has responded to this cow in the past; Video 1, Video 2.

So, now that you get the picture you will better understand what happened next. When I sent Emma Clarie to her room she was so mad at Camp that she went straight to her toy bin and found this dancing cow. She opened her door, sat it in the hall, turned it on, and then went straight back into her room shutting the door behind her. Of course Camp was scared to death and came running to me hiding his face in my legs!

My first thought was 'boy, she was really mad at him and she got him good!'. I could not help but laugh out loud that she thought to do this to get him back. She has NEVER done anything like this before especially not to Camp.

So has it begun?! Do I need to prepare myself for the sibling rivalry? I sure hope that I am able to get a good laugh out of it as a I did today!

Thank you, Mrs. Cow.


No comments:

Post a Comment