Friday, October 9, 2009

Feeding "Big Baby"

Benjamin and I were gone for this funny story so I asked RaRa to journal it for me so that we wouldn't forget this funny memory.


Leaving the kids with me and Pepaw, Ashley and Benjamin had gone into town to run a few errands before hitting the road home to North Carolina. While Camp napped, I was in the kitchen fixing some lunch and snacks for their road trip. Emma Claire was busy playing with her baby doll, "Big Baby". She and I were talking back and forth about "Big Baby". Was she crying? Was she wet? Did she need to rock her? Sing to her? Play with her? Swing her? Responding back to me every time with an, "I don’t think so". When I asked her if she was hungry and needed to feed her some lunch, she said "Big Baby’s hungry - - I need to feed her some lunch". Having NO IDEA what was about to happen, I told her that she need to feed her some lunch. When things got quiet, I looked into the Living Room to find Emma Claire at the couch holding "Big Baby" up to her stomach. YOU GUESSED IT . . . she was trying to "nurse" like her Mommy nurses Camp!!!!!! As I was "busting a gut" on the inside yet keeping a straight face, snapping my fingers to get Pepaw’s attention to look AND getting my camera ready to capture the moment (all in a matter of 2 seconds), I asked her what she was doing. She looked at me in all seriousness and she said, "Feeding "Big Baby" her lunch". Not to draw "too" much attention to THAT action, I suggested that "Big Baby" needed burping and to lay down for her nap, which she moved on to doing without hesitation. WHEW!!! You think I waited until Ashley and Benjamin got home to share THIS story? Not on your life! I called and told Ashley . . . true story . . . I’ve got a picture to prove it!

Too funny! It amazes me at some of the stuff Emma Claire says and does. I just hope I am still around to share this with her when she has children of her own.



No comments:

Post a Comment