Saturday, March 5, 2011

Camp At 17 Months

I sure love this boy! He gives me a run for my money like I never thought, but it all melts away when he smiles and gives me one of his sweet hugs. I can't believe how fast he is growing!


Likes:
  • Camp loves playing rough with Mommy and Daddy. If I'm ever sitting in the floor he will run as fast as he can at me and try to knock me over. If Daddy is ever standing close to the couch he will stand under him with his arms up in the air wanting Benjamin to toss him onto the couch.
  • Camp runs EVERYWHERE. Once he started walking he learned that he could run and then he was off. Most of the time you can find me chasing him somewhere. : )
  • Being outside. Camp will stand at the door and beg to go outside. He loves for me to prop the back door open so that he can play on the back porch.
  • Mac and Cheese, Gummies, Cheese, Bread, Bananas, Blueberries, Grapes, Strawberries,
  • Building with Blocks.  Camp will sit for minutes at a time (and minutes is a long time for Camp ; ) building towers with Lego blocks.
  • Playing Ball.
  • Going to get the Mail with Daddy. Every afternoon when Daddy gets home he and Camp go get the mail together.
  • Camp has just learned how to drive Emma Claire's motorized 4-Wheeler and he thinks he is somebody. He looks so cute driving it around our yard.
  • Camp LOVES his sister. He doesn't care what she is doing he wants to be doing it too. I can find them many times sitting in the rocking chair together watching a movie.
  • Movies. Blue's Clues used to be Camp's absolute favorite movie, but now he like to watch pretty much any animated movie. He will sit for long periods of time focused on what is going on.
  • Sleep. Camp still loves his sleep and I am forever grateful. On non-school days he takes two naps and on school days he just takes one. Bedtime is 7:30 pm and he sleeps til about 7:30 am.
  • He is not talking a whole lot yet so he will grab our hands and drag us wherever he wants us to go. Mostly to the snack cabinet.
  • Camp loves, loves, loves to draw. We keep a magna doodle in his room and he will pull it out to play with it several times a day.
  • He dances all the time! Anytime there is music playing he starts jumping up and down and slinging that booty from side to side.

Dislikes:
  • Being told NO.
  • When Mommy Vacuums. Most of the time if he is awake I have to hold him or sissy takes him to her room.
  • Food that is not seasoned or cooked til soft.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Momma for keeping us up-to-date on our "big boy". Seems like yesterday we were standing over the baby scales to see just how big he was! He is unique in his own way and we love him very much!
    RaRa and Pepaw

    ReplyDelete