Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Camera

I have been saving my money for months to purchase a new camera. Not just any camera but a nice one that would capture awesome moments with my kiddos. Since my kids are young and I spend most of my time taking care of them I don't really have time to spend on a hobby so at this point in my life I consider taking pictures and blogging about my children a 'hobby' for me. I have been looking at different cameras, but I still had a couple hundred dollars to save before I would have enough to purchase one. But the Lord is so GOOD. Period.

The other day I was walking through Target and noticed that they had marked all of their cameras down. They were clearing out their inventory to revamp. I was beside myself when I saw one of the cameras I had been wanting marked $200 under the asking price and with a kit that included the lens and other items I would need. I went home to talk it over with Benjamin and after he gave me the okay to get the camera I quickly headed back to the store to make my purchase because they only had one left. I am super excited about my new camera and the awesome quality of the pictures. I got a Canon Rebel T1i!!


Of course all I have done with it is play over the last couple of days so some shots are good and some shots are bad. I'm sure it will take me a while to learn how to use it properly to get the best pictures possible. Here are a few that I have taken while I was playing. : )


Emma Claire and Camp LOVE to pick flowers and she wanted me to take a picture of each and everyone that she picked!

Bottom Right: Emma Claire often will ask to make her own chocolate chip waffles. She will take mini waffles and fill the holes with mini chocolate chips. She works so hard on them to make sure she doesn't miss a hole! : )

Below: This shirt that Camp is wearing was the very first thing we bought when we found out I was pregnant with Emma Claire! We were walking through Wal-Mart and Benjamin saw this shirt with his old football number on it. He said that it didn't matter if we had a girl or boy because they could both wear it! So fun when I was cleaning out clothes and found it. It was the perfect size for Camp to wear this summer.























Bottom Right: I love this picture of the kids! We have this certain line on the driveway that we don't allow them to cross and this was the first time that Camp ran to the line and stopped.  They were talking to the neighbors who were walking their dogs.






































Now, tell me what is not to love about this profile!! I love this little belly and that his pants have to be buttoned up under it!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH for your new camera!!!! that IS so exciting!
    i did the same thing--saved and saved, but didn't get that kind of deal like you! YEAH GOD!
    we have the same camera--STILL learning how to really use it. it makes the BIGGEST diff. in picture quality. SO pumped for you, friend.
    and SO glad we got to play on the playground with you guys some today. fun!

    ReplyDelete