Friday, September 2, 2011

First Day of School 2011/2012

Everyone in our house was really excited to get back into the routine of school. Both kids got up ready to go!






















The day before we decided to make some last minute gifts for their teachers and they turned out so cute! A couple of years ago I bought these coffee mugs at the dollar store with plans of using them for grandparent gifts and just never got around to it. We picked out some cute fabric, hemmed it, and then embroidered their teachers names on them. We also thought it was only appropriate to fill them with chocolate for them to eat on the first day of school. : )


Getting ready to head in!

 Here is a shot of the bags I did for their classes. They will be adding handprint lions on Camp's class bag.

 I caught these shots of Camp with his teacher, Ms. Susan.


Around lunch time I could hear Camp all the way down the hall in his classroom laughing to the top of his lungs. I went and peeped into his room to find him playing cars with a friend and having the best time! So I quickly ran back down to the office and grabbed my camera to get a video of this sweetness and did not capture what I expected. I couldn't tell what but something happened and when Camp couldn't get any attention from the teachers he decided to take matters into his own hands. If you listen closely you can hear me gasp and then see him recognize my camera poking around the corner. Click here to watch the video.
Left: After school Mrs. Cindy, Emma Claire's teacher, had this sign hanging outside their door. Right: This is the face I got when I asked her how her first day was!


It was such a great day for both of my babies. Emma Claire seperated so easily and went right into her classroom ready to work. I was afraid she would have a hard time going in and would cling to me when we got to the door. Camp also went right to Ms. Susan and never shed a tear. My fear with him was that he would try to run out the door and down the hall to where my office is, but he hasn't tried so far. : ) Thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful first day!

2 comments:

  1. Love that Camp!! And Emma Claire, too. He's having fun in class and we enjoy having him. He's a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute in their shirts. We are praying for a TERRIFIC school year for them and are anxious to see and hear all about the new things they have learned. So thankful for LLLC, its teachers, and staff. We love you, Emma Claire and Camp. Have a fun and exciting year. You too, Mommy and Daddy!
    Pepaw and RaRa

    ReplyDelete