Saturday, April 5, 2014

Young Living Oils

About a month ago we completely changed the way we medicated our family.

My friend, Paige, had talked to me back in August about these essential oils that were really working for her family in place of over the counter medication. I was very interested but wasn't completely ready to take the plunge into the granola lifestyle.

These essential oils were from a company called Young Living who has their own farm and manufacturing plant in Utah. They are the only company who has their own farm/crop and can guarantee from seed to seal that the product has not been tampered with. That is one of the main reasons I went with this company opposed to some cheaper companies. I also had several friends who I dearly trust who had chosen Young Living so I knew they must be the best.

In February, Paige sent me an email that she had a $20 off voucher I could use if I wanted to get the starter kit and try the oils.  I had been saving some Christmas money so I knew this would be the best time to take the plunge. I ordered them at the very end of the month and received them at the beginning of March.

 
Since then I have been blown away with these oils! It's been a month since I received them in the mail and since that day the kids and I have not taken any over the counter meds. (Benjamin had just flown in from Taiwan when I received them so I excused him to use some sinus medicine until I figured the oils out. ; ) We have battled fevers, stomach bugs, sinus pressure, headaches, achy feet, cuts, runny noses, sunburns, fussy babies, anxiety, joint pain, and stuffy noses. Not to mention all the other wonderful things that the oils can do. I have used them to make pain cream, sleepy time cream, vapor rub, boo-boo cream, air freshener, mopping solution, wrinkle releaser, pet deodorizer, febreeze, and the list goes on and on.

The picture below is of Emma Claire's finger. She had cut her finger all the way around with a pair of grown-up scissors just the day before. I rubbed a couple applications of lavender on her finger and it looked like this the next day. Unbelievable.


To say I am a believer in these oils is an understatement. I was very skeptical at first. But what made sense to me was that God SPOKE creation into being. He spoke and it was there and it was good. So why would these oils that are straight from his creation, that have been untampered with, not be good for me?

I am NOT saying that we are totally against taking man made medicine. Not at all. I believe that God gave scientist wisdom to make these meds and there is certainly a time and a place for them. But if we can do the day to day things naturally with God's good creation, then that is what we are going to do.


If you would like more info I would love to share! We are still learning ourselves but if there is any questions you have I will do my best to answer them or find out the answer for you. You might just want to join in on the oily goodness! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment