Thursday, May 7, 2009

Daddy's Reading Day at School

In Emma Claire's class at school they have parents sign up to come in and read in the afternoons to the children. Benjamin worked it out in his schedule to be able to come every Thursday and spend time reading to the children. For one, I am so excited that I have a husband who is very intentional about being involved in his children's lives.


When Benjamin got to school Emma Claire was so excited she couldn't stand it. She started screaming "Daddy, Daddy, come in my class!!!" She opened the door for him, let him in, and began dancing around the room to the music that was playing. It was so funny to see her little booty dancing all of that room to their music. She then turned to Benjamin and said, "I be right back, I go wash my hands for snack." It wasn't long until she was back and ready to go.

The Teachers placed all the children in the table for snack and then Benjamin was on!! it was his turn to read books to a table full of One/Two year olds. I'm not sure how it went after that because I had to go back to my classroom, but I'm sure it was great. I had our Assistant Director, Susan, sneak in and take pictures and a video for me. Check later for when I have them posted.

Comments:


comment by Poppa & GG on 05/08/2009

Emma Claire: We're so proud that your Daddy "makes time for special times" with you at your school. He loves you sooo much!!

comment by RaRa on 05/07/2009

Hi-5's for Daddy! I know you LOVED having him read to you and your friends at school. Memories made that will last a lifetime. I am VERY thankful for your Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment