Thursday, May 23, 2013

Camp's Appointment Results

Today's appointment couldn't have gone any better than it did! Camp did great, we got great results and we even got to spend some special time with our boys.

After we dropped Emma Claire off at school this morning we headed to our appointment at the cancer center. It was chaos trying to find a parking place which left us getting there right on time instead of early like they had asked. It's okay, we were just proud we made it! : 0

When we walked up everything was going great until we got inside. We were at the wrong cancer center. Who knew that there were two cancer centers right across the street from each other. Great.


Soooo...... Here we are for take two....

(There were really people there. I stole this pic from their website. : )


After getting back to the parking garage and driving over to the other cancer center we were only about 30 minutes late. Oh, well. Next time we'll know where we're going. : )

Once we got inside the nerves for me started setting in. It was super quiet and there was a room full of people waiting to go in for chemo and radiation. People from teenagers to elderly. We were the ONLY people in the waiting room with children and you could almost feel their glances wondering which one of us was there for treatment. You could tell they don't see a lot of children in the practice.

Here are me and my buddy hanging out in the waiting room!


Once we got into the back all of the nurses were wonderful. They were so patient and caring and really took their time with Camp.

Check him out in the big chair! Camp said that he was going to be the doctor for today. : )



He also loved getting his blood pressure taken because he thought they were checking to see how big his muscles were. : ) (Just for the record his BP was 98/69!)





Camp wasn't the only one having fun in the doctors office!

When Dr. Meredith came in Camp did AWESOME. I was very concerned because going to the dentist has always been a struggle. I was not looking forward to manhandling him down again.

When we asked him to open his mouth he popped it right open and didn't mind showing Dr. Meredith his teeth. I was in shock and thrilled all at the same time. This never happens!





















The results we heard were awesome! As soon as Camp opened his mouth Dr. Meredith looked at the growth and said I don't know what that is but it looks to be benign and I'll be able to remove it no problem.

EXACTLY what we wanted to hear! Praise the Lord for being so faithful and gracious to our family.

Camp is set to have outpatient surgery on June 12th at the big Wake Med in Raleigh. Dr. Meredith said the procedure won't take long at all and we'll get to see him about an hour after he goes back for surgery.

I'll try to keep you all updated as the surgery gets closer. I already know that hour Camp is away from me will be one of the longest hours of my life. I also know that God will be teaching me many lessons on trust, patience, and peace. Thank you all so much for your prayers today. We truly felt them and God was completely faithful.

After such a great day and appointment we celebrated with Chick-Fila and ice-cream!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it is benign and he will be okay! I was reading as fast as I could, lump in my throat just trying to get to the part where it said he was/will be okay. So thankful! Thank you Jesus!

    Praying for you guys! Hope you are all doing great :-D

    ReplyDelete