Monday, May 12, 2008

My Sick Baby

Well, once again I'm home with my sick baby. I feel so sorry for her little body because it seems just as she get over one thing she moves onto another. About lunch time her teachers came to get me because she had a fever. I went to check it again and it was 103.1. I left there and went straight to the doctors office. I was concerned with us just starting this new medicine that there might be a problem. We got to see Dr. Dirk which is her usual doctor. Yea! He said her lungs sounded good which meant the breathing treatments were working and that her ears were holding up fine. He then looked at her throat which did not look too good. He said that it was really red and that she had blisters on the back of her throat. He did a throat culture just in case it might be strep because Benjamin has been complaining of a sore throat. The rapid test came back negative but they were going to let it grow overnight and watch it. The diagnosis was...... HAND, FOOT, & MOUTH!!! Yuck!!! This will be the second time she has had it and it is awful. The last time Benjamin and I both got it too. It feels like a mixture of Strep Throat and the Flu. Aweful! Please keep her in your prayers as we stay home and try to get her well over the next few days.



Comments:
comment by chelso on 05/13/2008

My poor little baby!! i will definitely pray for her! I'm so sorry! Wish i could be there to help out and give her suckers. lol!! miss you all! love you

comment by RaRa on 05/12/2008

POOR BABY! We will be praying .. but she is strong girl .. Nothing seems to keep her down. Praying for the parents too!! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment