Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Sweet Sweet Daughter

The last two days have been so much fun with Emma Claire. It seems that she is getting more and more personality and starting to show affection. She has started hugging people and when she does she reaches around you and pats you on the back with both hands. I just melt when she does it. She is also beginning to say so many words. Yesterday when Benjamin got home from work he said, " Emma Claire! What did you do today?" and her response was "Nuffin". It was hilarious!!


Today I took Emma Claire to the doctor because her asthma has been acting up for the last week. We saw Dr. Wilson and I loved her!! She was so good with Emma Claire and went above and beyond explaining things to me and giving me free samples to help us save money with her asthma meds. At the conclusion of the visit she said that Emma Claire was wheezing again and they were going to up her meds. They doubled her Pulmicort which is an asthma controller medicine that she takes twice a day through a nebulizer and also started her on Singulair once a day. The singulair is also a controller med for her asthma. They are hoping that this will help get it better under control and that she will have to use her "rescue meds" less. They also gave us some Elidel to help with her eczema. Each time her asthma flares up so does her eczema. They don't know why but they say the two are related. At the end of the visit I felt much better about her asthma. I knew that Dr. Wilson was very thorough and that she was going to be great to work with through this process.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for her! I'll tell you she is a little trooper. They did comment today that she was "Wide Open"! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment