Saturday, December 18, 2010

6 years and counting

(This is BQ2)

Six years ago today, Ashley and I committed to love and serve one another "as long as we both shall live." The only regret I have is not doing it earlier.

The measure of love and humility with which Ashley serves her three kids (Emma Claire, Camp, and me) is emotionally overwhelming; a measure of grace that I am certain never to attain. Ashley models patience and kindness to our children like no other, and her ever-growing spiritual beauty outshines her stunning physical beauty. She is gentle, quiet, loves Jesus, calms a busy house into a warm home, and all this with a fragrance of godliness never spoiled by a complaint. As we say in the South, I married up.

Six years ago today, I made the best decision of my life. I married the greatest woman I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment