Friday, December 10, 2010

LLLC Christmas Program 2010

This year Emma Claire's school Christmas program was on a day I didn't work so we got to spend a few extra hours at home before we headed to school. While Camp was napping I got to snap some great shot of my girl!






















Beautiful. Snapping these pictures brought back so many memories of my mom making me stand by the Christmas Tree every year to get a picture. Yes, mom, I will probably do the same with my kids. : )

While we were home Emma Claire was super pumped about her program and couldn't wait to get to school. She knew every word and every motion to all the songs by heart. But on the way to school her attitude completely changed. Emma Claire has ALWAYS had a hard time separating from mommy and today was no different. I took her to her class at 11:30 and spent until 12:00, as they were walking on stage, coaxing her into going with her class. I could have kicked myself for not thinking of this sooner and trying to change my work days to make the transition easier for her. It completely put a damper on the program for her. She was on stage, but 'on' stage only. No singing, no motions, no nothing, but a solemn blank stare. This next picture says it all.
Her sweet teacher, Mrs. Kathy, was trying to get her to hold the candle like the other kiddos.

The pictures aren't the greatest because I was sitting in the back to hide from her but you can tell what a sweet little program it was.

Emma Claire loved helping everyone find their mommy and daddy in the sanctuary.








 This is the kindergarden class quoating Psalm 100 to close the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment