Monday, May 23, 2011

My Straight Forward Child

I just love that I get to work in place where my children are with me every time I go! I never miss a thing and their teachers love to pass on things on to me that they do in class.

Today Emma Claire's teacher, Amy, came by my office to tell me a cute little story on Emma Claire. There is this one little boy in her class who has not turned three yet and is quite a bit smaller than the other kids. For the last two weeks he and the other kids have been arguing about how old he is. He says he is four and they say he is three because he hasn't had his birthday yet.

Today at snack it just happened that he and Emma Claire were sitting next to each other. This is how the conversation went:

Little Boy: "I am Four!"
Emma Claire: "You are not four, you are just three."
Little Boy: "I AM Four!"
Emma Claire: "You are NOT four because you're STILL LITTLE, you STILL SUCK YOUR THUMB, and you HAVEN'T BROUGHT ANY BIRTHDAY TREATS! You ARE three."

So funny! Whose child is this? She is so straight forward it is not even funny. A couple of weeks ago they were talking about the Good Samaritan story in circle time and how we should help our friends up if they fall and serve them well. Emma Claire turned to this same little boy and said "little boy's name, if you fell.... I wouldn't help you up". What?

Most of the time she says the stuff that we are all thinking. So different from myself. I might think some really BAD things, but I would NEVER say them. Oh my, I better go ahead and get my rock ready that I am going to need to crawl under when she says something like this in public.

1 comment: