Monday, January 17, 2011

Bye, Bye Passy Day 3

He did it again! Last night was great and he even slept til 8:10 am. If only nap time was so awesome.

Today I tried to lay him down for a nap at around 10:30 am (his usual time) and he flopped around like a fish for about an hour playing and talking to himself. Then I tried again at 1:00 pm and he was out like a light. No crying, no playing, no nothing. BUT, he was back up in an hour crying. I'm not sure what the difference is during the day than at night other than a little more light in his room but we will work through it. Camp still usually naps between 3-4 hours a day so at 4:00 pm I tried again and he was just not having it. He did play in his room for about an hour, watching a movie, so that mommy could have a few minutes by herself. : )

Tonight he went to bed around 7:45 pm, cried for about 3 minutes, and then he was out for the night!

Overall, he has done amazing! Actually, other than nap time you can't even tell that he is missing his passy at all. I said I thought it would take him 3 days to break his passy habit so we'll wait and see what tomorrow holds! : )

I'm so proud of you little man! I Love You! -Mommy

P.S. I know some of this is more than you want to know about breaking our passy habit, but this is mainly for mommy's records. : )

1 comment:

  1. I love having things like this journaled, so that when moms with younger kids ask me about such and such, I can look it up. Our Mommy memories aren't so good anymore! : )

    Both of my kids have had harder times with transition during nap times, too. No matter what's happening, they're golden at night, but nap time is where it has always shown up for us during the big things: getting rid of the passy, quitting the swaddle, potty training, moving to a big bed, traveling, sickness, etc. Funny. Boy....doesn't it make you appreciate those naps?!?

    Yay for Camp being such a big boy!!

    ReplyDelete