Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bye, Bye Passy

Today we said bye-bye to our best friend Mr. Passy. It was such a sad day for me and I had this sick feeling in my stomach all day. I just didn't want to take it away from him and I'm not sure why. With Camp it has just been so much harder than it did with Emma Claire. I guess I am just seeing how quickly they grow up and I want to hold on to every bit of time that I have.

So, here is how it went down. When Emma Claire was 16 months I cut the tip off of her passy just to see what she would do and to my surprise she tried to use it, threw it and never looked back. She didn't want anything else to do with one.  So today I thought I would give it a try with Camp.


We waited until after his first nap and lunch to give it try. He actually did very similar to what Emma Claire did with hers when she was his age. He took the passy and tried to suck on it but knew that something was different. He took it out and gave it a good look, tried again, and then just threw the passy down. We then told the passy bye-bye and then never went back.

Watch the Video Here!

The first nap without his passy was this afternoon and turned out to be a flop.  He cried and cried for an hour until I finally got him up and rocked him. He never went back to sleep but was completely fine without his passy. Needless to say when it got close to bed time I was beginning to get very nervous. Emma Claire did so well stopping with her passy and I didn't know how I would handle it if he couldn't sleep without it. I also knew that if Camp didn't sleep then that meant mommy wouldn't sleep either. : 0

Benjamin put Camp to bed at 7:30 pm and at first he did great. He flopped around in his bed for a while and tried to go to sleep but then he had, had enough and started to cry. BUT around 7:50 pm he was sound ASLEEP with that little booty stuck straight up in the air. : ) I can not tell you how relieved this mommy was! I'm not exactly sure how the rest of the night will go, but it's almost 9:00 pm and he is still asleep. I am hopeful that we will have a good night!

Thank you, Lord, for a smooth transition so far! Bye, Bye Passy....

No comments:

Post a Comment