Monday, January 17, 2011

Mommy, I Don't Want My Teeth to Fall Out

I meant to post this yesterday, but I completely forgot!

Yesterday morning at church Emma Claire was sitting in the sanctuary carrying on a sweet little conversation with our friends little girl, Anna Kate Lyon. Anna Kate had recently lost her first tooth and was explaining the process to Emma Claire when Emma Claire bust into tears. She was so upset and told me she didn't want all her teeth to fall out, she just wanted to keep them. I tried to explain to her that everyone loses their teeth and then you get brand new ones just like mommy's and daddy's have. Trying to help the situation I even tried to explain to her that when you lose a tooth then you get money under your pillow!

Sweet Anna Kate then looked at me and said, "I was just going to tell her that." She felt so bad that Emma Claire had gotten upset. : )

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know this happened, Ash!?
    I just went to read this to Larry when he interjected the story himself??! I feel terrible, too! Bless her sweet heart. My 3 year old, on the other hand, is begging for her's to come out like her big Sissy's!
    hopefully her little heart will change over the next couple of years....AK has been WAITING for this day, as she can tell me exactly how many teeth each of her friends in her class have already lost. who knew this was such a big deal in Kindergarten?!

    kiss your sweet girl for me! sorry!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, Anna Kate was as sweet as could be when she was talking to Emma Claire. She had no clue that it would upset her! I honestly don't think we have ever talked about losing teeth with Emma Claire. I'm sure she just had this picture in her head of all of her teeth falling out at one time and not getting them back. ; ) AK was so sweet when she said, "I was going to tell her she would get money!" : ) No worries, my friend. AK handled it very well!

    ReplyDelete